The Outstanding Young Farmer Contest is designed to help young farmers strengthen their business skills, develop marketing opportunities and receive recognition for their accomplishments. Contestants are judged on the growth of their farm businesses and involvement in Farm Bureau and their community.
Representing the best of Ohio young farmers
The ideal candidate for this award is an individual or couple involved in production agriculture with a majority of his/her net income subject to normal production risks.
- An applicant can be either an individual, a married couple or couple who has similar legal rights under the law applicable to Ohio. Applicant may choose to apply individually, rather than as a couple.
- Applicant must be actively engaged in farming, with the majority of his/her net income coming from production agriculture. Applicant must have at least three years of financial records showing the majority of income came from production agriculture.
- Must be an active/voting member of a county Farm Bureau.
- Must be 18-35 years of age prior to Jan. 31, 2022.
- Previous state winners and current Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee members are ineligible.
- Past and present members of the American Farm Bureau YF&R Committee may not apply.
State winner will be recognized at the 2021 OFBF Annual Meeting Dec. 9 and 10 and will compete at the AFBF Annual Convention January 2022. Previous prizes have been provided by sponsors Kubota, Farm Credit Mid-America and Ohio Farm Bureau. The 2021 prize package will be announced in Spring 2021.
Meet Nathan and Lynn Steiner, the 2020 Outstanding Young Farmers.
Photo caption: Previous winners the Steiners, Matt Vodraska, Christian Hoffman and Craig Pohlman