The Excellence in Agriculture Award competition is designed as an opportunity for young agricultural professionals who do not derive the majority of their income from production agriculture to earn recognition for their contributions to the agriculture industry, while actively contributing and growing through their involvement in Farm Bureau and agriculture.
Ideal candidate qualities
- Involvement in agriculture and participation in Farm Bureau programs at the local, state, and national levels is highly encouraged.
- Demonstrates strong leadership ability in Farm Bureau and in other organizations.
- Contributes civic involvement in the community.
- Possesses passion for resolving issues in agriculture today and the ability to propose an action plan for these challenges.
- Ability to communicate agricultural journey through written and verbal platforms.
- An applicant can be either an individual, a married couple or a couple who has similar legal rights under the law applicable to Ohio. Applicant(s) may choose to apply individually or as a couple.
- Applicant(s) must not have derived a majority of net income from an owned production agriculture enterprise in any of the past three years.
- Must be an active/voting member of a county Farm Bureau.
- Must be 18-35 years of age prior to Jan. 31, 2022.
- Previous state winners and current Young Agricultural Professionals State Committee members are ineligible.
- Past and present members of the American Farm Bureau YF&R Committee may not apply.
State winner(s) will be recognized for their accomplishment as part of the 2021 OFBF Annual Meeting and will compete at the American Farm Bureau Annual Convention January 2022. Previous award packages included prizes courtesy of Farm Credit Mid-America, Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau. The 2021 contest prize package will be released in late Spring 2021.
Complete rules and eligibility requirements are listed in the application. Applications are due to Kelsey Turner, Ohio Farm Bureau leadership development program specialist, [email protected], no later than June 11, 2021 at noon.
Meet 2020 Excellence in Agriculture winners Josh and Sarah Ison from Clermont County. The Isons also placed in the top 10 at the 2021 American Farm Bureau Annual Convention.
Photo caption: Previous winners Josh and Sarah Ison, Kyle and Ashton Walls, Greg and Rose Hartschuh (also national winners) and Jess and Adam Campbell.