Even though fuel prices remain high, the increased use of corn ethanol is helping temper those price increases. And it’s also benefiting the farmers who grow the corn.Read More
Founded in 1919, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots membership organization that supports programs that ensure the growth of Ohio food and farms, such as advocating for good government policy, developing opportunities for young farmers, providing student scholarships and grants, supporting Ohio food efforts, creating food literacy programs for kids, hosting community building events and funding efforts to protect the environment, water quality, farmland preservation and more.
Mission – Working together for Ohio farmers to advance agriculture and strengthen our communities.
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented self-starter for a management position in Morgan, Muskingum, Perry and Washington counties. Individual must be willing to reside in the service area. Demonstrated leadership skills and management ability is required. A bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field is required. Three year’s work experience in agriculture or business setting is preferred. Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of a membership organization and be comfortable with public speaking and sales.
Among the primary responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to county Farm Bureaus for the purpose of improving the strength, effectiveness and visibility of the organization in pursuit of stated Ohio Farm Bureau and county Farm Bureau goals and programs.
- Achieve membership growth through multiple strategies including an annual volunteer membership campaign, direct sales and strong partnerships.
- Work with county leaders to recruit new volunteers and provide leadership opportunities and training to develop and enhance volunteer leadership skills.
- Develop and enhance relationships with Nationwide, legislators, governmental agencies, agribusiness, local businesses, community groups and other strategic partners.
- Assist the county board to oversee county finances and develop an annual budget aligned to county goals and annual audits.
- Responsible for managing the local Farm Bureau office, including but not limited to personnel, data management, finances and correspondence.
Deadline to apply: Jan. 14, 2022
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington, D.C.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
Through its policies it brings together people in the agricultural community and invests in building vibrant communities that support agriculture.Future employees, leaders
If you have issues with local planning or have legal questions, someone at the Farm Bureau has the answer for you, or they’ll connect you with someone who does.Hansen's Greenhouse
As a member of Farm Bureau, I am glad that this organization takes action when necessary to protect and advance agriculture.Policy Development
Farm Bureau is an incredible organization that has given me countless professional development opportunities in addition to advocating for all sizes and types of farmers.
BWC’s free safety consulting services link Ohio’s agriculture employers with safety and health professionals who will work to help reduce the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses.Read More
Marion County Farm Bureau is pleased to announce Maci Carter, Braden Shuff and Caitlyn Thiel as the recipients of the 2022 Marion County Farm Bureau James H. Johnson Scholarship.Read More