Elisha Fisher is the new marketing & media associate.Read More
Delaware, Franklin, Madison and Union County Farm Bureaus, a nonprofit organization, is seeking a part-time Marketing and Media Associate for immediate hire. This position offers a rewarding, fast-paced office environment for the individual who likes daily variety in his or her job.
To assist four County Farm Bureau organizations in developing, maintaining and executing successful programs and membership services that meet the needs of members with efficiency and accuracy.
- Support company operations by maintaining office equipment, supply inventory and systems.
- Maintain accurate membership records on all members through the database.
- Maintain an accurate file system, whether it is done electronically or in hard copy. The filing system will be such that it is easily accessible and organized so that the organization director can utilize it and be done within the parameters set forth by the Ohio Farm Bureau.
- During office hours, promote company activities, member services, etc. as directed by the supervisor.
- Work in conjunction with the organization director in putting together mailings for the county Farm Bureaus.
- Develop and foster a good working relationship with company and its affiliates.
- Maintain an attractive office that includes good housekeeping practices, regular work hours and good telephone communication habits. Inform organization director of any building maintenance issues.
- Reach out to members for customer service interactions, including member retention.
- Attend special meetings or conferences that will aid in maintaining and improving the position of marketing and media associate as directed by the organization director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the organization director.
- High School diploma; more education or job experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills (QuickBooks and Microsoft).
- Experience with Google Drive/Docs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and maintain deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Understanding of Farm Bureau.
Starting pay for this position is $17 per hour. This position does not offer a health insurance benefit.
The position is opened until filled. Review of applications begins Oct. 24, 2022. Interested candidates are advised to apply by this date to receive full consideration, although the position will stay open until filled.
Your application should be addressed to Melinda Lee, Organization Director, and consist of three items: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (indicate relationship to you). In your cover letter please address how your experience and background meet the requirements of the position. Please combine these as a single PDF file and submit via email to [email protected] and for the subject line, use “Marketing and Media Associate.”
I'm eternally grateful for the support Ohio Farm Bureau scholarships provided in helping me turn my dreams into reality.Available scholarships
I see the value and need to be engaged in the community I live in, to be a part of the decision-making process and to volunteer with organizations that help make our community better.Leadership development
With not growing up on a farm, I’d say I was a late bloomer to agriculture. I feel so fortunate that I found the agriculture industry. There are so many opportunities for growth.Growing our Generation
Labor has always been an issue, mainly because we are a seasonal operation. So that's a challenge finding somebody who only wants to work three months out of a year, sometimes up to six months.Business Solutions
Farm Bureau involvement has taught me how to grow my professional and leadership experience outside of the workforce and how to do that in a community-centric way.Young Ag Professionals program
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
Franklin County Farm Bureau has selected 12 deserving scholarship recipients based on superb academic performance, agricultural involvement and more.Read More
‘When we upsized to a home with facilities for livestock, we were relieved when Nationwide again provided the best coverage options amongst the several companies we compared.’ ~ Bo Harstine.Read More
Katherine Share of Columbus is one of nine farmers and agribusiness professionals selected to participate in Ohio Farm Bureau’s 2022-2023 AgriPOWER Institute.Read More
Emily Buehler of Columbus is one of nine farmers and agribusiness professionals selected to participate in Ohio Farm Bureau’s 2022-2023 AgriPOWER Institute.Read More