John Hummel of Canal Winchester is the winner of Ohio Farm Bureau’s Outstanding Young Farmer Award for 2022.Read More
Delaware, Franklin, Madison and Union County Farm Bureaus, a nonprofit organization, is seeking a part-time Marketing and Media Associate for immediate hire. This position offers a rewarding, fast-paced office environment for the individual who likes daily variety in his or her job.
To assist four County Farm Bureau organizations in developing, maintaining and executing successful programs and membership services that meet the needs of members with efficiency and accuracy.
- Support company operations by maintaining office equipment, supply inventory and systems.
- Maintain accurate membership records on all members through the database.
- Maintain an accurate file system, whether it is done electronically or in hard copy. The filing system will be such that it is easily accessible and organized so that the organization director can utilize it and be done within the parameters set forth by the Ohio Farm Bureau.
- During office hours, promote company activities, member services, etc. as directed by the supervisor.
- Work in conjunction with the organization director in putting together mailings for the county Farm Bureaus.
- Develop and foster a good working relationship with company and its affiliates.
- Maintain an attractive office that includes good housekeeping practices, regular work hours and good telephone communication habits. Inform organization director of any building maintenance issues.
- Reach out to members for customer service interactions, including member retention.
- Attend special meetings or conferences that will aid in maintaining and improving the position of marketing and media associate as directed by the organization director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the organization director.
- High School diploma; more education or job experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills (QuickBooks and Microsoft).
- Experience with Google Drive/Docs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and maintain deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Understanding of Farm Bureau.
Starting pay for this position is $17 per hour. This position does not offer a health insurance benefit.
The position is opened until filled. Review of applications begins Aug. 1, 2022. Interested candidates are advised to apply by this date to receive full consideration, although the position will stay open until filled.
Your application should be addressed to Melinda Lee, Organization Director, and consist of three items: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (indicate relationship to you). In your cover letter please address how your experience and background meet the requirements of the position. Please combine these as a single PDF file and submit via email to [email protected] and for the subject line, use “Marketing and Media Associate.”
Having opportunities to attend leadership institutes, advocate for rural Ohioans on the state and national level, facilitate young ag professionals events, and serve in a variety of leadership positions have helped my skills grow exponentially.Growing our Generation
Labor has always been an issue, mainly because we are a seasonal operation. So that's a challenge finding somebody who only wants to work three months out of a year, sometimes up to six months.Business Solutions
If it wasn't for Farm Bureau, I personally, along with many others, would not have had the opportunity to meet with our representatives face to face in Washington.Washington, D.C. Leadership Experience
I was gifted the great opportunity through an Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation Youth Pathways grant to run a series of summer camps here. That really expanded my vision of what ‘grow, maintain, sustain and explain’ could actually be.Farming for Good
I see the value and need to be engaged in the community I live in, to be a part of the decision-making process and to volunteer with organizations that help make our community better.Leadership development
Katherine Share of Columbus is one of nine farmers and agribusiness professionals selected to participate in Ohio Farm Bureau’s 2022-2023 AgriPOWER Institute.Read More
Emily Buehler of Columbus is one of nine farmers and agribusiness professionals selected to participate in Ohio Farm Bureau’s 2022-2023 AgriPOWER Institute.Read More
The elite leadership program was started in 2008 to help agricultural advocates gain influence over public policy issues that impact their businesses and communities.Read More
Connie Skinner was honored as this year’s Woman in Agriculture.Read More