Madison County Farm Bureau is selling raffle tickets for a Blackstone Griddle.
This raffle benefits the Madison County Farm Bureau youth scholarship fund. The winner will be drawn during the Madison County Barn Bash Aug. 11.
Tickets go on sale beginning Friday, July 7 and will be sold until Aug. 11, or until tickets run out. You can purchase a ticket from a Madison County Farm Bureau board member. Board members are Jonathan Francis, Austin Crumley, Mary Griffith, Rebekah Headings, Jay Mitchell, Eric Rife, Annette Rinesmith, Kayle Mast, Michael Vallery, Dennis Wilt and Kyle Young.
Only 130 tickets will be sold. Cost is $20 per ticket. If you have questions, please contact the Farm Bureau office at 800-451-8908 or email [email protected].
Madison County Farm Bureau Raffle Rules
By participating, you agree that:
- All net proceeds of this raffle will benefit the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation (OFB Foundation), an Ohio non-profit corporation, recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Raffle tickets will be sold for $20 each. A maximum of 130 tickets will be sold. Ticket sales will be ongoing until Aug. 11, 2023 at 7 p.m. or until all 130 tickets have been sold, whichever occurs first.
- Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket has a separate and equal chance of winning as prizes are being drawn. Chance of winning is one divided by the number of tickets sold. There is no limit to the number of raffle tickets a participant may purchase.
- One prize will be drawn: Blackstone 4 burner Black 15,000 BTU 768 Sq. In. Outdoor LP Gas Griddle.
- If fewer than 80 tickets are sold, the prize will convert to a cash prize. The prize will be reduced proportionally so the sum of the prize equals 33% of all tickets sold.
- The winner will be selected at 8 p.m. on Aug. 11, 2023 through a random drawing to be held at the Madison County Farm Bureau Barn Bash.
- Winner need not be present to win. If not present, the winner will be notified by telephone or email.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and residents of the state of Ohio on the date of the drawing. Prize winner must produce photo identification including proof of Ohio residency and age when claiming their prizes. Winner have 30 days from the date of the raffle drawing to claim their prize, or else they shall forfeit all rights and claims thereto.
- Tickets may be purchased through participating county Farm Bureau board members and authorized Ohio Farm Bureau employees by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation with Madison County Raffle in the memo line.
- Due to postal regulations, raffle ticket stubs cannot be mailed. When an order is placed with an authorized representative they will complete the ticket by filling in the name, email and phone number provided and will ensure the raffle ticket is entered in the drawing.
- The cost of raffle tickets purchased is not tax deductible. Prize may be taxable to the winner. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Ticket sales to OFB Foundation employees, officers, board members, and their immediate families are prohibited. Immediate family includes spouse, children, and children’s spouse.
- Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is subject to criminal prosecution under all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- The OFB Foundation reserves the right to cancel this raffle at any time, in which event its liability is limited to the refund of ticket prices to participants.
- These official rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the OFB Foundation.