Date(s) - November 18, 2021November 19, 2021
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Agricultural Policy and Outlook conference is the premier forum related to Ohio’s agricultural and food industry. The 2021 virtual conference will be held via Zoom over the course of two days – Thursday, Nov. 18 and Friday, Nov. 19. Each day will have three sessions with experts covering issues important to producers, agribusinesses and elected officials.
Thursday, Nov. 18
- (9 a.m. – 10 a.m): “Consumers, Shopping, and Local Food: What’s Next?” presented by AEDE Assistant Professor Dr. Zoë Plakias.
- (11 a.m. – 12 p.m.): “Now Hiring: An Ohio Food & Agricultural Labor Update,” presented by AEDE Assistant Professor Dr. Margaret Jodlowski.
- (1 p.m. – 2 p.m.): “US Trade Policy and Prospects for Agricultural Trade,” presented by AEDE Professor and Andersons Chair of Agricultural Marketing, Trade and Policy Dr. Ian Sheldon.
Friday, Nov. 19
- (9 a.m. – 10 a.m): “Agricultural Commodity Markets: Trends and Prospects,” presented by AEDE Assistant Professor Dr. Seungki Lee.
- (11 a.m. – 12 p.m.): “Ag Finance Recovery,” presented by Dr. Nathan Kauffman, vice president and Omaha Branch executive with the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- (1 p.m. – 2 p.m.): “A Conversation about the Next US Farm Bill, ” presented by Assistant Professor Jonathan Coppess, J.D., University of Illinois