Date(s) - April 1, 2023
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Join the Mercer County Ag Education Series event, “Evolving in Agriculture” on April 1, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Mercer County Fairgrounds. The day starts with registration at 8:30 a.m. with a light breakfast followed by our opening speaker, Leah Curtis, who is Ohio Farm Bureau policy counsel and sr. director of member engagement. Several breakout sessions follow until 12:15 p.m., in which Brookside Labs and St. Henry Bank have sponsored lunch. The day will wrap up with a keynote presentation by Ty Higgins, sr. director of communications and media relations at the Ohio Farm Bureau.
The event will offer a variety of industry experts and educators to provide insight on several pertinent agriculture topics:
“What is Prop 12?” by Leah Curtis, Ohio Farm Bureau Policy Counsel & Sr. Director of Member Engagement.
- Planning for Long Term Care and the Farm, Evin Bachelor, Wright & Moore Law Co.
- Value-Added Agriculture Panel Discussion- Learn more about changing things up on your operations.
- Sharing Farm Finances with the Next Generation, Bruce Clevenger, OSU Extension
- Utilizing Drones on the Farm, Andy Miller, A&M Ag Drone Services
- Ag Industry Outlook, Jackie Sheridan, Mercer Landmark
- Water Quality Improvements in GLSM, Dr. Stephen Jacquemin, Wright State Univerisity-Lake Campus
Keynote Speaker sponsored by Bushur Farms Custom Farm Services
Keeping Ag at the Table Off the Chopping Block, Ty Higgins, Sr. Director Communications and Media Relations, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation.
RSVP by March 24, 2023, by calling 419-586-2179 or online
The event is a collaboration among agriculture agencies:
Mercer SWCD, Mercer Co. Farm Bureau, OSU Extension-Mercer County, USDA Farm Service and NRCS and Ag Solutions.