May 15, 8:30am–4:30pmWhere
Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center 2201 Fred Taylor Drive, Columbus, OH
Water Quality: Pathways to Sustainability
Conference sponsored by Ohio State’s Department of Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics. Ohio Farm Bureau’s Yvonne Lesicko is a panelist at the 11 a.m. session.
9 am – Keynote: Gail Hesse, National Wildlife Federation: “Lake Erie: Finding Smart, Realistic, Sustainable Solutions for a Healthy Lake”
9:45 am – Professor Allen Klaiber: “The Economic Impacts of Harmful Algal Blooms”
10:10 am- Professor Brent Sohngen: “How Much Could it Cost to Meet a 40% Reduction in Phosphorus Emissions in the Western Lake Erie Basin?”
10:35 am – Break
11 am – Panel:
- Karl Gebhardt, Deputy Director for Water Resources, Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Pete Bucher, Director, Water Resources, Ohio Environmental Council
- Yvonne Lesicko, Vice President, Public Policy, Ohio Farm Bureau
12:15 pm – Lunch
Energy: Economics and Policy of Renewables and Climate Change
1 pm – Keynote: Beth Trombold, Commissioner, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
1:45 pm: – Dave Sims, Avangrid Renewables LLC: “Renewable Energy Markets”
2:15pm – Break
2:30 pm – Scott Weaver, AEP: “AEP’s Clean Energy Future”
3 pm – Panel – What should the future of energy in Ohio be? How do we get there?
- Sen. Bill Beagle
- Trish Demeter, Vice President of Policy – Energy, Ohio Environmental Council
- Michael Shelton, Associate Director for the Office of Energy and Environment, The Ohio State University
4:30 pm – Conclusion
There is no cost to attend. Register online. A webinar option is available.