February 22, 12:30pm–4pmWhere
OhioMeansJobs Summit County 1040 East Tallmadge Ave, Akron, OH 44310
Caregivers provide assistance to another individual suffering from an illness, disability, or other limiting condition. Rural caregivers face additional challenges such as geographical isolation, gaps in rural service delivery systems and the unique needs of agricultural workers with disabilities.
The Ohio AgrAbility Project recognizes the unique needs of rural caregivers and provides resources specifically for them, which is why Ohio AgrAbility has partnered with the Ohio State University College of Nursing and the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities to form the Caregiver Support Network.
The Caregiver Support Network is a planned workshop and webinar series for caregivers, advocates and service providers.
A series of workshops will take place throughout Ohio Feb. 22. Each local site will connect to the workshop electronically and have on-site facilitators to lead conversations about each topic such as caregiver burnout, telemedicine, useful gadgets and technology. Agenda
Who should attend:
- Family members caring for an adult or senior with chronic illness or disability
- Adult children concerned about aging parents
- Parents caring for adult children with disabilities
- Long term workers: assisted living facility, adult family home or home care agency staff
- Social service, adult day service or mental health professionals who work with family caregivers
Cost: $10 per person
• Akron • Athens • Caldwell • Columbus • Fremont • Lebanon • Ottawa
Contact: Laura Akgerman: 614-292-0622 or [email protected]