November 11, 9am–4pmWhere
Ohio Department of Agriculture 8995 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
The day will consist of both formal presentations and hands-on experiences covering the following topics:
- Fish dissection and information to assess fish health
- Best management practices in fish health and biosecurity
- Disease prevention
- Stress management
- Dr. Kathleen Hartman, Aquaculture Program leader, USDA-APHIS
- Dr. Mark Flint, Clinical-assistant professor, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State
- Dr. Stephen Reichley, director of fish health at Clear Springs Foods in Buhl, Idaho
- Matthew Smith, OSU South Centers, aquaculture Extension specialist
Cost: Ohio Aquaculture Association members: $50
Breakfast items, lunch and beverages will be provided.
RSVP by Nov. 6 via email. Include name, street address and any dietary restrictions.
Presented by Ohio Aquaculture Association, Ohio State University South Centers Aquaculture Boot Camp and USDA’s North Central Regional Aquaculture Center.