October 12, 1pm–6pmWhere
Northwest Ohio Cooperative Kitchen (NOCK) 13737 Middleton Pike (St. Rt. 582), Bowling Green, OH
Launching a new food business can be a daunting task. Thousands of new food products hit the grocery store shelves in the U.S. each year, but a very low percentage have a lasting effect in the market.
CIFT is hosting an intensive, highly-informative three-day “Boot Camp” for food business entrepreneurs and small business owners, over the course of three afternoons in October. This event will be a hybrid model so participants can choose to attend in person at the Northwest Ohio Cooperative Kitchen (NOCK) or virtually. Speakers will be participating in both forms.
Topics of Discussion
- Researching Food Trends
- Components of a Successful Business Plan
- Legalities of starting a Food Business and Patents and Trademarks
- Understanding Your Costs/Pricing for Profitability
- Gaining Access to Funding – Tax Breaks
- Overview of Food Regulations and Labeling Requirements
- Product Packaging
- Sales Channels: Wholesale, Retail, Online Sales
- Co- Packers
- Social Media and Digital Strategy
- Food Entrepreneur Testimonial and Q&A
This is a unique opportunity for early-stage food entrepreneurs to learn about developing and growing their business. Presentations from business and technical experts, including food processing, retail, packaging, government and accounting will be offered.
Unique Session Dates
Oct. 12 – 1pm – 6pm
Oct. 19 – 1pm – 6pm
Oct. 26 – 1pm – 6pm
Register by Oct. 8. Cost ranges from $75 to $100.