September 9, 12pm–5pmWhat
“A venture to highlight the efforts put forth by both the agricultural and lake communities to protect our natural resources.”
Join us for FREE family fun on a Sunday afternoon! Spend as much time as you wish at each stop. You may enter or exit the tour at any point. Refreshments, giveaways and restroom facilities available at designated stops.
Tour stops include…
- Burtch Seed Company, 4742 Tama Road in Celina
- Conservation Reserve Program Wetlands at Barb Bowen Farm, 404 East Street in Rockford
- Soil Health Partnership at Keith Houts Farm, 3215 Carmel Church Road in Celina
- MVP Dairy, LLC 7124 US Route 33 in Celina
- Concentrated Flow Area Improvements at Roebuck Family Farm, Shelley Road 3/4 mile west of US 127
- Cooper Farms Virtual Tour at Colt Hayes Farm, 8122 Riley Road in Celina
- Wright State University Lake Campus Agriculture and Water Quality Center, 7600 Lake Campus Drive in Celina
THANK YOU to all of the sites and hosts for their dedication to conservation work in Mercer County.
Tour made possible in part by a Dominion and Western Reserve Land Conservancy Grant and a Great Lakes Sediment and Nutrient Reduction Grant.
Special thanks to Soil Health Partnership, Cooper Farms and Dannon.
Our Land, Our Water partners: AG Solutions, Auglaize Soil & Water Conservation District, Mercer County Farm Bureau, Mercer Soil & Water Conservation District, Ohio Department of Agriculture, OSU Extension, Mercer County and Wright State University Lake Campus.
Tour Brochure with map & description of each stop.