February 24–25 2017, 8am–4pmWhere
Ohio State University South Centers 1862 Shyville Rd., Piketon, OH 45661Map Unavailable What
The hops industry is booming in Ohio, and organizers of The Ohio State University Hops Conference and Trade Show have brewed up a program that will keep the learning flowing for beginner and advanced growers alike.
Participants will also be able to see a new galvanized hop trellis system Ohio State is testing in partnership with a private company and a demonstration of its new hops harvester equipment.
Registration is $150 for both days or $100 for a single day and includes lunch and snacks, a flash drive with the presentations, a conference booklet with vendor, speaker and other program information, and access to the trade show. An optional Friday night banquet is an additional $40 (space is limited).
Each day will feature several general sessions and breakout sessions split between beginner and advanced topics. Presentations include:
- Hop Production Economic Analysis: Can We Make Money at This?
- Connecting with Your Customer/Buyer
- Brewers Panel: How Hops Are Used in the Brewing Process and What Defines Good Hop Quality?
- Keeping Hops Healthy: Disease Diagnosis, Forecasting and Control
- The Importance of Thorough and Accurate Spray Coverage for the Hop Yard
- Growing Cover Crops to Improve Soil Health, Nutrient and Soil Quality
- Hop Plant Propagation
- Hop Yard Designs: Which Is Best for You?
- Efficient Hop Growing and Processing Practices
- The Importance of Selecting the Proper Nutrient Sources and Timely Fertility for Hop Production
- Spider Mite Control in the Hop Yard
- Weed Control Herbicides and Drift Control
- Mechanical Harvesting Options for Hops
Vendors interested in participating in the trade show can also register online. Cost is $250 for both days or $150 for one day. For more information, contact Charissa Gardner at the South Centers at [email protected] or 740-289-2071, ext. 132.