May 2, 9:30am–3:30pmWhere
Big Creek Park 9160 Robinson Road, Chardon, OH 44024
We all own our woodlands for a variety of reasons. Understanding how your goals and objectives relate to your woods is part of what will be explored for the day. What can a landowner do to ensure a healthy and productive woodland into the future? See what items should be on a landowners radar when it comes to their woodland. How can our goals and objectives best be accomplished? We will spend the morning inside exploring these issues and the afternoon outside putting those ideas to work.
Class fee: $35
Class includes indoor and outdoor sessions – dress appropriately. Lunch and materials are included in the class fee.
Deadline to Register is April 26, 2012
- 9:30 A.M. Defining your goals & objectives
- 10:00 A.M. Improving your woodland with a variety of management tools (crop tree management, tsi etc.)
- 12:00 P.M. Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 P.M. Field exercises: tree ID, wildlife & habitat ID, crop tree exercise
- 3:30 P.M. Wrap-up and adjourn