June 27, 6:30pm–9pmWhere
Ohio Northern University, McIntosh Center, Ballroom 525 S Main St, Ada, OH 45810
This evening program will help farmers struggling to make decisions about prevent plant, controlling weeds and potential cover crops.
Three key experts marketing cover crop seed in Ohio will provide the details on cover crops for this summer: David Brandt, Dwight Clary and Cody Beacom.
Weed control is critical: Jeff Stachler, OSU Extension Auglaize County
Crop Insurance issues: Representative from USDA-FSA
Cover crop options (panel discussion):
- What will be a farmer’s next cash crop?
- Option to graze or harvest forage. USDA announced this can be done Sept. 1, whereas the previous rule is Nov. 1.
- When can (or should) certain cover crop mixes be planted?
- What cover crop seeds are available?
- Can leftover soybean seed be used? (Probably not allowed to plant until July 15. Can tech fee be refunded?)
- How much is affordable?
Questions and discussion led by Bret Margraf, Seneca Conservation District
Program is free. Sponsors include OSU Extension, Ohio No-till Council, SWCD, USDA