February 7, 8am–4pmWhere
Oasis Conference Center 902 Loveland-Miamiville Road, Loveland, Ohio
This conference offers five concurrent sessions in fruit production, vegetable production, specialty cropping systems, pesticide safety and farm management and marketing and food safety.
In addition, some sessions offer private pesticide applicator credits in three categories: Core, 3 (Fruits and Vegetables) and 5 (Greenhouse). Applicators are encouraged to bring their license to the conference so Ohio State University Extension personnel can check their recertification status and determine how much training they need to become recertified.
Sessions at the conference include:
- Growing Fruit in Containers
- Pumpkin Pest Management
- Aquaponics: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Strawberry Production Opportunities: Extending the Marketing Season
- Tomato and Pepper Trial Results for Early and Late Blight Resistance
- Establishing Insecticide Rotations that Work for Vegetables in High Tunnels
- How to Monitor for Insect and Mite Pests in Apples
- Minimizing Risks to Pollinators in Specialty Cropping Systems
- Dealing with the New Worker Protection Standards
- How to Develop a Marketing Plan That Works for You and Your Business
- Identifying Your Target Market
Preregistration is required by Feb. 3. The $50 fee includes a continental breakfast, buffet lunch and a USB memory stick containing handouts.