Foundation Programs & Events
Spring 2015 - Foundation Golf Invitational
The 2015 Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation Invitational Golf Outing took place Monday, June 29 at The Country Club at Muirfield Village, 8715 Muirfield Dr. Dublin, Ohio 43017.
This year's honoree was Bob Smith.
Bob Smith is the founder and president of Smith Insurance Services and co-founder and president of Franchise Insurance Agency based in central Ohio.
After graduation from Ohio State, Bob went to work for Nationwide Insurance and later incorporated his own agency. Smith Insurance Services has three offices in the central Ohio region; Franchise Insurance Agency is an independent agency specializing in commercial and group insurance and is located in Upper Arlington.
Among his many honors, he was the youngest inductee in the history of Nationwide to be inducted into the Nationwide Hall of Fame. As a Nationwide All Star, Bob has been recognized as one of the top 10 agents 12 times, including the No. 1 agent in the country. He has earned the Presidents’ Conference Award for 29 consecutive years, the Champions Conference Award for 24 years, and his agency has been named Agency of the Year.
For information on golf and future sponsorship opportunities, please contact: David Rule 614-246-8210 or e-mail [email protected].
Rural-Urban Community Auction
November 2015 - Ohio Farm Bureau's "Family of Foundations" Sponsors Rural-Urban Community Auction
Education and outreach - Farm and rural leaders are working together to generate resources that create programs that promote agriculture as an industry, focal point for community development, and a rewarding way of life. With this in mind, the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation (Foundation) cordially invites you to donate to and/or participate in the 10th Annual Rural - Urban Community Silent Auction.
The event will be held Nov. 5 - Dec. 3, 2015 online and will be featured on the national Bidding for Good Network. The auction concludes with a final “live” session held in conjunction with the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Columbus, Dec. 3, 2015.
Farm Bureau’s friends and neighbors who donate an auction item receive the following benefits:
* Special recognition in Internet publication projects associated with the event. Moreover, our auction is a national participant in the Bidding for Good Network. Consumers looking for one of a kind gift items will have easy access to our website. Your item, representing your business, will have exposure on local, state and national levels.
* Special Internet Linkage – While your item will be highlighted in our auction premium catalogue, you have the ability to invite auction participants to discover more about your organization and/or business. Using your logo, auction participants can point, click and be automatically linked to an Internet website of your choosing. It’s a great way to invite a variety of Farm Bureau friends and neighbors to visit and get to know you better.
Suggested auction items included the following:
* Auction Basket – You can create a “basket” of items that highlights the unique history and heritage of your organization and/or business, and any possible connection to Farm Bureau. Besides using a basket, the container itself can be a special identifier, too.
* Special Product – The item can be any item that has been manufactured, hand crafted and/or artistically enhanced to promote your company.
* Other Special Item – Got that special piece of sports memorabilia, trip/getaway package or unique item that will make people say “WOW!” We can highlight those items, too!
Proceeds from the auction are used to support the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation’s grant and scholarship programs, and education and community outreach projects.
Click Here for the 2015 Auction Participation Form (pdf).
Click Here for a PDF version of our Item Acceptance Policies & Guidelines.