News & Events
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
Growers are quicker to invest in modern water-saving technologies, once a hard sell
For a 1,500 acre grain farm, net income is projected at $7,450 in 2015, down from $103,500 in 2014.
A 2013 report by the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International predicts the UAS global market to reach $140 billion over the next decade. The report also said that agriculture would make up 80 percent of the potential commercial market for the devices.
For the third year in a row, the survey of farmers has shown that cover crops improve corn and soybean yields while providing a host of other benefits. The survey of more than 1,200 farmers revealed that cover crops boosted 2014 corn yields by an average of 3.7 bushels per acre (2.1 %) and soybeans by 2.2 bushels per acre (4.2 %).
In general, the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation was also pleased with the state budget. “With most budgets it is a mixed bag. You see some really positive things and there are some items you would’ve hoped to see taken care of that did not get taken care of,” said Brandon Kern, OFBF director of state policy.