News & Events
- Senate passes agritourism bill
- Legal with Leah: Ag sales tax exemption
- Vertical Farming on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Growing Our Generation: Telling the story of agriculture
- OFBF pushes for action on proposed CAUV legislation
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
Net U.S. farm income will drop 38% this year to $55.9 billion, the lowest level in more than a decade, reflecting depressed crop prices and softening dairy and hog markets, federal forecasters said Tuesday.
USDA is working to help schools buy more local fresh foods from farmers and ranchers with the release of nearly $5 million in grants for 74 projects in 39 states. In the release, Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, notes: “Farm to school programs work – for schools, for producers and for communities
“With more than $1 billion in venture capital invested in the city in 2014, Chicago continues to emerge as the country’s newest hot spot for innovation and growing companies,” Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said.