News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Four outstanding leaders in Ohio agriculture honored
The following individuals were recognized during Ohio Farm Bureau Federation's annual meeting for their many years of service to agriculture in Ohio:
Distinguished Service Awards
- Lois Boyer is a lifelong supporter of agriculture and Farm Bureau. She was president of the Farm Bureau women’s committee in Greene and Clinton counties, president of the southwest women’s committee, president of Clinton County Farm Bureau and served on the Ohio Farm Bureau board of trustees from 1985 to 1995.
- U.S. Sen. George Voinovich has dedicated more than 40 years of his life to being a public official. As U.S. senator, his voting record earned him numerous “Friend of Farm Bureau” awards for supporting initiatives important to Ohio’s farming community.
Cooperative Agriculture Educator Award
- Wade Leaman became manager of the Carroll County Landmark in 1965 and was there until 1970 when he became manager of the Geauga Landmark-Western Reserve Farm Cooperative, where he served until his retirement in 1995.
Agricultural Communicator Award
- Ruth McLaughlin is the first Farm Bureau volunteer-member to receive the Agricultural Communicator Award. She writes a weekly article for the Zanesville Times Recorder in which she shares news of Farm Bureau, agriculture and stories from her farm.