News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
- Do your homework before applying for federal funds for renewable energy
- EPA director discusses clean water, oil and gas exploration
OFB Foundation scholarships available in 2011
Ohio students from rural, suburban and urban communities and pursuing degrees connected to agriculture are invited to apply for a set of scholarships through three programs supported by the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation.
Collectively, these programs will award at least 10 scholarships, each featuring a minimum $1,000 award. The application deadline for all scholarship programs is Tuesday, March 1, 2011.
- The Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation Scholar award recognizes students for academic effort, community service and career interests that use agriculture to enhance the partnership between producers and consumers in rural, suburban and/or urban settings.
- The Foundation’s Women’s Leadership in Agriculture Scholarship Program helps young women pursue career opportunities where agriculture plays a key role. The program was established by an endowment from the Charlotte R. Schmidlapp Fund, Fifth Third Bank, Trustee.
- The Darwin Bryan Scholarship Fund was established in 1985 in honor of Darwin R. Bryan whose enthusiastic leadership during his 37 years of service to the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation organization has been an inspiration to rural youth throughout Ohio. The scholarship fund assists students who have been active in the Farm Bureau youth program and/or whose parents are Farm Bureau members.
“Our scholarship recipients have a variety of interests and come from a variety of different backgrounds, but they all have career plans where agriculture plays a key role helping them pursue career goals, and benefit and their community,” said Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation President Jack Fisher.
Additional information, eligibility requirements and application forms are available in the “Scholarships and Grants” section of the Foundation’s website at www.ofbfoundation.org. Additional requests may be sent via e-mail at email@example.com, or by calling 614-246-8294.