News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Vanderkooi named OFBF director of state policy
Buckeye Farm News
OFBF's Public Policy department has announced the appointment of Beth Vanderkooi as director of state policy. She will help the organization represent its members at the Ohio Statehouse and with others in state government.
Vanderkooi has spent the past six years as a legislative aide in the office of state Sen. Tim Grendell, R-Chesterland, and also during his time as a state representative. She has worked on a number of issues important to Farm Bureau members, including eminent domain and private property rights. She was raised on a small farm in Bellville and holds a bachelor’s degree as an Ashbrook Scholar from Ashland University, where she studied political science, economics and international studies.
Vanderkooi joined the OFBF staff on Dec. 22.