News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio farm families honored for conservation efforts
- Working for a more fair CAUV formula
- Be wary of recent attempts to create county charters
- Help support 'Yes, Yes, No' State ballot campaign
- WOTUS woes: Dozens of lawsuits filed over controversial EPA water rule
Ohio farmers recognized for environmental stewardship
The Ohio Livestock Coalition (OLC) last week named five Ohio farmers as recipients of the 2011 Environmental Stewardship Award during an award ceremony at the Taste of Ohio Café at the Ohio State Fair. The annual award recognizes the many accomplishments made by family farmers to protect Ohio’s land, air and water quality and to conserve the state’s natural resources.
“The Ohio Livestock Coalition applauds this year’s award winners for demonstrating their unwavering commitment to safeguarding the environment and the communities where they live and work,” said David White, OLC executive director. White said each recipient was chosen for their outstanding efforts to go above and beyond caring for the land, air and water on and off their farms.
The 2011 Environmental Stewardship Awards were presented to:
- Sheep: Cottage Hill Farm of Flushing
- Dairy: Brownhaven Farm of New Bremen
- Beef: Royer Grain and Livestock LLC of Belle Center
- Pork: Stebbins Farm of Englewood
- Poultry: Paul Dahlinghaus of New Bremen
All winners received a plaque from their industry's respective member organization. Each recipient also received a proclamation of congratulations and recognition of their commitment to the basic principles of environmental and natural resource stewardship from Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
OLC coordinates the Environmental Stewardship awards program while five cooperating member organizations – the Ohio Cattlemen's Association, Ohio Dairy Producers Association, Ohio Pork Producers Council, Ohio Poultry Association, and Ohio Sheep Improvement Association – sponsor the individual commodity awards.
The OLC, formed in 1997, is a statewide trade organization consisting of diverse agriculture organizations and individual farmers committed to advancing environmentally friendly, socially responsible and economically viable livestock farming practices.