News & Events
You might also like
- What you need to know about Ohio's new nutrient law
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
- How CAUV’s formula is changing
Hear it from a Farmer
The Ohio Livestock Coalition (OLC) is running a statewide radio campaign titled, “You Heard it from a Farmer,” scheduled to air from August 15-28. The goal of the campaign is to create a conversation and allow consumers to hear firsthand how Ohio farmers ensure excellent animal care, protect the environment, and provide safe, wholesome food.
The campaign features five Ohio farmers in five, 30-second radio spots. Each spot focuses on a different topic, including animal care, food safety, environment, community and a generational message:
- Animal Care – Dave Felumlee, a cattle farmer from Newark, Ohio
- Food Safety – Lee Kohler, a dairy farmer from Baltimore, Ohio
- Environment – Connie Surber, a hog farmer from Sabina, Ohio
- Generation – Tom Stoller, an egg farmer from Van Wert, Ohio
- Community – Denise Percival, a sheep farmer from Xenia, Ohio
The radio spots will air more than 700 times in the Columbus, Cleveland-Akron, Cincinnati, Lima, Zanesville, Dayton, Youngstown-Warren, Toledo and Wheeling-Steubenville markets.