News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
- Do your homework before applying for federal funds for renewable energy
- EPA director discusses clean water, oil and gas exploration
Ohio Farm Bureau Statement on approval of Free Trade Agreements
"The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) thanks members of Ohio’s congressional delegation who voted to approve the Free Trade Agreements with South Korea, Columbia and Panama. The organization is especially appreciative of the long-standing support of Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, who has demonstrated a commitment to helping Ohio farmers, businesses and workers benefit from the sale of Ohio products overseas.
"More than 12,000 Ohio companies sell products abroad with 88 percent of these firms being small or medium sized businesses. Nearly 26 percent of Ohio’s manufacturing jobs are dependent on exports and Ohio farm product exports are valued near $3 billion dollars per year.
"Sen. Portman and our other Ohio lawmakers have provided a competitive boost to the state’s economy through their votes to pass these crucial Free Trade Agreements."