News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Ohioans recognized for contributions to sheep production
The Moore family, Farm Bureau members who operate Cottage Hill Farm in Harrison County, recently received the American Sheep Industry (ASI) Environmental Stewardship Award. The national award follows their acceptance of an environmental award presented by the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association and the Ohio Livestock Coalition at the Ohio State Fair last year.
Don Van Nostran, a Farm Bureau member in Athens County, was awarded the ASI Wool Industry Award, which is given to individuals who have made a national impact on the U.S. wool industry. Van Nostran was the general manager of Mid-States Wool Growers for 19 years prior to his retirement three years ago.
Roger High and Henry Zerby were awarded the National Lamb Feeders Association Shepherd’s Crook Award for their leadership in the Howard Wyman Sheep Industry Leadership School, which has been held in Ohio twice. High is a Farm Bureau member in Union County.