News & Events
You might also like
- Media campaign highlights farmers’ efforts to improve water quality
- OFBF supports compensation adjustment for judges
- Status of Farm Bureau Priority Issues in Congress
- Opening global markets for Ohio farmers
- New e-newsletter for young ag professionals
Healing the cuts
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio Farm Bureau is encouraging lawmakers to restore funding that was cut from Ohio State Extension and the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC) in the proposed state budget.
“The proposed cuts are huge. We need to make sure that legislators are aware of agbioscience’s impact in Ohio,” said Beth Vanderkooi, OFBF director of state policy. “Farm Bureau will be very active on this."
Both institutions help create jobs and provide a significant direct impact to Ohio's economy while supporting farmers through research and development and dissemination of information.