News & Events
You might also like
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
- How CAUVís formula is changing
- Ohio Farm Bureau makes new CAUV formula suggestions to tax department
Ohio Farm Bureau reacts to state agencies' water quality recommendations
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources, the Ohio Department of Agriculture and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency today announced their recommendations for reducing excess agricultural nutrients from affecting or entering the western basin of Lake Erie.
The following is a statement from Ohio Farm Bureau regarding these recommendations.
Farm Bureauís elected leaders and staff are currently reviewing the full report. We appreciate the coordination of the three agencies in developing this set of recommendations and value the opportunity to have meaningful input into this process.
Ohio Farm Bureau expects farmers to operate their businesses in a responsible manner; our policy calls for every farmer in Ohio to complete and follow a comprehensive nutrient management plan.
Farm Bureauís goal is to both protect our stateís natural resources and to also preserve our stateís productive agricultural base.