News & Events
You might also like
- Senate passes agritourism bill
- Legal with Leah: Ag sales tax exemption
- Vertical Farming on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Growing Our Generation: Telling the story of agriculture
- OFBF pushes for action on proposed CAUV legislation
2012 Farm Bill Update
The Senate Agriculture Committee passed their version of a farm bill yesterday afternoon. It contains twelve titles that would dramatically reform and reauthorize farm bill programs for five years.
Meanwhile, the House Ag Committee has begun a series of hearings and should release their version after the hearings. Once the House and Senate pass versions, there would then need to be a conference committee to create a final farm bill.
AFBF is pressing for completion; the longer it’s delayed, the more political pressure there will be to reduce the farm bill budget. You can request a copy of OFBF’s analysis, or listen to OFBF’s Adam Sharp offer insights into the bill and the process.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Request a copy of OFBF’s analysis by contacting [email protected]