News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
2012 Farm Bill Update
The Senate Agriculture Committee passed their version of a farm bill yesterday afternoon. It contains twelve titles that would dramatically reform and reauthorize farm bill programs for five years.
Meanwhile, the House Ag Committee has begun a series of hearings and should release their version after the hearings. Once the House and Senate pass versions, there would then need to be a conference committee to create a final farm bill.
AFBF is pressing for completion; the longer it’s delayed, the more political pressure there will be to reduce the farm bill budget. You can request a copy of OFBF’s analysis, or listen to OFBF’s Adam Sharp offer insights into the bill and the process.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Request a copy of OFBF’s analysis by contacting [email protected]