News & Events
You might also like
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
- Ohio Farm Bureau Member Savings Testimonials
- A look at OFBF’s work on the state’s $71 billion operating budget
- Brochure available about state’s new nutrient application law
Buckeye Farm News
The numbers don’t lie – studies show that every dollar invested in safety could result in a $4 benefit. If you think about what that could mean to a farm operation, it becomes more apparent why loss control services can offer good value.
For 100 years, Nationwide Agribusiness has worked with people in agriculture to help protect valuable assets through insurance coverages, safety education and “loss control” programs.
Today, Nationwide Ag is the leading farm insurer in the United States, and part of the Nationwide family of companies, endorsed by Ohio Farm Bureau. As part of that relationship, and to provide additional value to Farm Bureau membership, Nationwide Ag offers loss control services directly to farmers and their farm operations.
Nationwide Ag’s no-cost loss control programs for customers come from staff who can assist with:
Program development — Safety and health procedures to reduce the likelihood of accidents and illnesses from related hazards and exposures.
Training — Training specific to the operator and his or her employees on policies and procedures outlined in written loss prevention programs.
Hazard recognition — Assistance in identifying areas of potential loss that may have been overlooked, and recommendations on how to reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
Regulatory reference — Answers to questions on how to interpret regulatory issues, and how to respond to citations from OSHA, EPA, NFPA, DOT, and other regulatory agencies.
Loss control services can include:
- On-site Reviews & Cost Savings Reviews
- Hazard Identification, Exposure Studies and Risk Analysis
- Loss History Analysis & Risk Management Counseling
- Property Engineering Services
- General/Employee Safety Training
- Industrial Hygiene/Ergonomic Specialized Services
- Fleet Safety Program & Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR) Program
- Regulatory/Compliance Assistance
- Safety Publications & Safety Video Lending Library
We're here anytime you need us:
Unfortunately, accidents and property losses on the farm can and do happen. And they don’t always occur during normal business hours. Nationwide customers can call in a claim whenever it occurs, and speak with a Nationwide claims professional who’s ready to help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 800-248-6283.
Whether it’s a simple loss or something more serious, Nationwide claims reps are trained to provide “on your side” service in helping to settle a farm policy claim. That way, the operation can get back up and running as soon as possible.
Contact a local Nationwide agent to discuss how to take advantage of our loss control services and 24/7 claims.
Nationwide Insurace, provider of farm insurance, is a proud partner of Ohio Farm Bureau.