News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio farm families honored for conservation efforts
- Working for a more fair CAUV formula
- Be wary of recent attempts to create county charters
- Help support 'Yes, Yes, No' State ballot campaign
- WOTUS woes: Dozens of lawsuits filed over controversial EPA water rule
Ohio Farm Bureau supports beef checkoff changes
Ohio Farm Bureauís board voted to support the referendum on the Ohio Beef Marketing Program. The proposed beef checkoff changes would increase the current $1 per head to $2 per head. This would be the first increase since the inception of the program as part of the 1985 Farm Bill. The additional $1 would stay in Ohio for educational and promotional purposes and can be refunded at the request of the producer.
The support for this referendum is in line with current OFBF policy.
A vote on the referendum is set for Sept. 24-26. Voting can be done in person at the Ohio Department of Agriculture, the Ohio Cattlemenís Association and at county Extension offices throughout Ohio. Ballots can also be requested by calling ODA at 800-282-1955.