News & Events
You might also like
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
- How CAUV’s formula is changing
- Ohio Farm Bureau makes new CAUV formula suggestions to tax department
November 2012 County Farm Bureau Round-up
Winter weather is on the way. But that doesn’t freeze up the events, activities and opportunities for Ohio’s county Farm Bureaus. Here’s this month’s update.
Click on the link(s) provided with each topic for more details.
- “What IS Farm Bureau?” - Crawford County Farm Bureau asks this question, and provides its answer.
- Lorain County Farm Bureau shares a way Ohio farmers can take action to oppose the privatization of the Ohio Turnpike, including a video from local farmer Al Divencenzo.
- Farm Bureau members from across the country are invited to show off their farm photos in American Farm Bureau’s photo contest. Check out how you can win! Contest deadline is Nov. 30.
- Ohio Farm Bureau is teaming up with 4-H and FFA on a program that will teach high school students how to take action in the government process. Check out how your students can apply to take part in the Ohio youth Capital Challenge. Deadline to apply is Nov. 30.
COUNTY EVENTS CALENDAR
Nov. 23 - Join Morgan County Farm Bureau for its Country Christmas celebration to get pictures with Santa, make and take crafts for kids and try your hand at milking a cow.
Dec. 4 & 6 - South Central Ohio Grazing Management Workshop
Dec. 5 - Delaware, Franklin, Madison and Union County Farm Bureaus combine to hold a Women in Agriculture luncheon at Brio Tuscan Grill at the Polaris Mall.
A number of county Farm Bureaus offer scholarships to local agriculture students. More will be added to future County Farm Bureau Round-up posts as they become available
- Belmont County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 1 deadline
DO YOU HAVE A ‘CENTURY FARM?’
Some county Farm Bureaus are sponsoring the Ohio Centurty Farm program, which recognizes farms that have been in operation by the same family for 100 years or longer. Farmers/landowners interested in the program can learn more and download applications for the following counties
MORE COUNTY FARM BUREAU HAPPENINGS
- Here’s a very nice feature on Athens County Farm Bureau President David Bright
- Auglaize, Logan, Mercer and Shelby County Farm Bureaus share an edition of their Education eNewsletter, which is sent to local school superintendants and principals twice per year.
- Farm Bureau members in Auglaize, Logan, Mercer and Shelby counties will want to take notice that the local Farm Bureau office is changing locations.
- Butler County 4-H and FFA Chapters are invited to participate in a poster contest hosted by Butler County Farm Bureau
- Clermont County Farm Bureau seeks additional volunteers looking to help the organization grow through a common love for rural country living and wide open spaces.
- Clermont County Farm Bureau provides a recap of its recent Farm-to-Table dinner held on a local buffalo farm.
- Clermont County children can now enjoy another agriculture-friendly book thanks to a donation by the Clermont County Farm Bureau.
- Darke County Farm Bureau shares how Bear’s Mill in Greenville is featured in the Nov.-Dec. issue of Our Ohio magazine
- Gallia County Farm Bureau shares a photo of members who had the opportunity to meet Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- Hamilton County Farm Bureau shares an opportunity for local artists to help inspire water conservation through a rain barrel painting event
- Hamilton County Farm Bureau has been recognized as one of a handful of county Farm Bureaus from across the nation to win a “County Activities of Excellence” award from the American Farm Bureau Federation.
- Lake County Farm Bureau shares the results of a successful venture that helped donate several hundred pounds of non-perishable food and more than $1,000 cash to local hunger-relief efforts
- Lawrence County Farm Bureau members recently taught a group of home-schooled children how to can tomatoes.
- And here’s another nice feature on Lawrence County Farm Bureau President Margaret Reid
- Pike County Farm Bureau President Robin Williams is featured in this post
- Pike County Farm Bureau introduces readers to Membership Chair Mackenzie Stokien
- Seneca County Farm Bureau recently hosted Mohawk FFA Chapter for an Agricultural Career Day.
- Shelby County Farm Bureau shares the announcement that two local elementary students recently won big prizes in the state’s “Ag is Cool!” program.
- Warren County Farm Bureau shares a position opening for a young farm hand on a local farm.
2013 COUNTY FARM BUREAU BOARD MEMBERS
A number of county Farm Bureaus have held elections for a new slate of officers for their local organization for the coming year. Click the links below to see the local leaders in the following counties that have shared this information since our October County Farm Bureau Round-up post.
FOLLOW YOUR COUNTY FARM BUREAU ON FACEBOOK
Do you follow your county Farm Bureau on Facebook? Click here to visit your county Farm Bureau blog. If the county has a Facebook Page, you’ll find a link to it on the right side of the page.