News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
December 2012 County Farm Bureau Round-up
County Farm Bureaus share scholarship opportunities, highlight local leaders who have played a big role in shaping Ohio Farm Bureau’s actions in 2013, host cooking competitions and more in this month’s County Farm Bureau Round-up.
Click the link associated with each item below for more information.
A number of county Farm Bureaus are already offering scholarships for local students studying agriculture and related fields. Here are those who have posted scholarship opportunities thus far, along with application deadlines.
- Belmont County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 1 deadline
- Cuyahoga County Farm Bureau Scholarship - June 15 deadline
- Brown County Farm Bureau Scholarship - March 28 deadline
- Franklin County Farm Bureau Scholarship - March 28 deadline
- Madison County Farm Bureau Scholarship - March 28 deadline
- Allen County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 1 deadline
- Van Wert County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 1 deadline
- Henry County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 5 deadline
- Williams County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 5 deadline
- Fulton County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 5 deadline
- Defiance County Farm Bureau Scholarship - April 5 deadline
COUNTY FARM BUREAU EVENTS
Jan. 24 - Crawford, Marion, Morrow and Richland County Farm Bureaus invites members to attend a "Conversation with EASE" workshop, which will help farmers reach out and have conversations and respond to consumer questions about agriculture. The workshop will be part of the four county Farm Bureaus' membership kick-off event.
Jan. 29 - Join Belmont, Guernsey, Monroe, Noble and Washington County Farm Bureaus for their annual membership dinner and CAUV forum. Free for Ohio Farm Bureau members and spouses, $10 for non-members.
This winter - Hardin County Farm Bureau shares an invite to the Hardin and Logan Conservation Tillage Club Breakfast meeting series this winter.
MORE COUNTY FARM BUREAU NEWS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Adams, Brown, Clermont and Highland County Farm Bureaus are on the lookout for more volunteers to help with this year’s activities.
- Ashtabula County Farm Bureau shares how “Dinner Starts on the Farm” in this piece from local writer John Parker
- Butler County Farm Bureau highlights local Nationwide Insurance Agent Joe Conrad.
- Crawford County Farm Bureau is looking for members interested in sharing Ohio Farm Bureau Children’s Literature Award-winning book “How Did That Get In My Lunchbox?” with local second-grade classrooms, and also host coloring contests and presenting the book along with teacher materials.
- Seneca County Farm Bureau encourages hunters and landowners to donate venison to the needy through the Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry program.
LOCAL LEADERS AT OHIO FARM BUREAU ANNUAL MEETING
Many county Farm Bureaus have taken the time to highlight their local leaders who represented county Farm Bureau members at Ohio Farm Bureau’s annual meeting in Columbus in November. Here’s a look at what counties have shared on their blogs here at ofbf.org:
- Hancock County Farm Bureau was recognized for quality programming in 2012 by Ohio Farm Bureau at its annual meeting. Also see Hancock County Farm Bureau Annual meeting delegates
- Marion County’s Cy Prettyman has been elected to Ohio Farm Bureau’s state board of trustees
- Morrow County’s Eddie Lou Meimer has been elected to Ohio Farm Bureau’s state board of trustees
- Putnam County Farm Bureau wins two Excellence Awards at OFBF Annual Meeting. Also see Putnam county Farm Bureau OFBF Annual Meeting Delegates