News & Events
You might also like
- Growing Our Generation: Farmers market and show pigs
- Discussion Meet applications due Nov. 2
- Oct. 1 deadline for OFB Foundation grants
- Congressman Pat Tiberi, Fiscally Responsible Government
- Jumping through the hoops
Do you need an oil spill plan?
The compliance date for farms to have Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans is May 10.
According to the U.S. EPA, you need an SPCC Plan if:
- An oil spill from your farm could reach water and you store oil (such as diesel, gasoline, hydraulic oil, lube oil, crop oil or vegetable oil, etc.) in aboveground quantities of more than 1,320 gallons;
- or you have completely buried tanks of more than 42,000 gallons.
Get answers to your questions about the SPCC program at ofb.ag/SPCCag