News & Events
You might also like
- The Food Dialogues®: Toledo
- Media campaign highlights farmers’ efforts to improve water quality
- OFBF supports compensation adjustment for judges
- Status of Farm Bureau Priority Issues in Congress
- Opening global markets for Ohio farmers
Website extends conversation about GMOs
As the public discussion on genetically modified organisms (GMOs) continues, the scientists who develop biotech seeds, along with farmers who grow them, want to make information easier to find and understand.
American Farm Bureau Federation is a supporting partner of a new website that seeks to help consumers find answers to questions about GMOs
At www.gmoanswers.com, users can engage in a Q&A section and read information on GMOs, their background, use in agriculture, and research and data.
Among those ready to answer any and all GMO-related questions are farmers, scientists, the academic community, and food safety and health experts. The questions currently trending on the site are related to labeling of GMO products, the research behind the safety of GMOs and what would happen if GMO crops mixed with non-GMO varieties.GMO Answers is based on five core principles:
- Respecting people around the world and their right to choose healthy food products that are best for themselves and their families.
- Welcoming and answering questions on all GMO topics.
- Making GMO information, research and data easy to access and evaluate and supporting safety testing of GM products, including allowing independent safety testing of our products by validated science-based methods.
- Supporting farmers as they work to grow crops using precious resources more efficiently, with less impact on the environment and producing safe, nutritious food and feed products.
- Respecting farmers’ rights to choose the seeds that are best for their farms, businesses and communities and providing seed choices that include non-GM seeds based on market demands.