News & Events
You might also like
- Township trustees can help landowners work through line fence disputes
- What you need to know about Ohio's new nutrient law
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
OFBF and HSUS on the air to debate animal issues
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OFBF) - Representatives of the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) and the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) will debate a wide range of animal care issues on this week's broadcast of Town Hall Ohio.
Keith Stimpert, senior vice president of public policy for OFBF and Paul Shapiro, senior director of the factory farming campaign for HSUS will contrast their organization's positions on a variety of issues related to the proper role of animals in society and animal care.
A significant portion of the program will be a discussion of the Ohio General Assembly's passage of a Joint Resolution, which will put on the November ballot a measure to create the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board.
Town Hall Ohio is an award winning weekly public affairs and current events discussion program. It is produced by OFBF with the financial support of Nationwide Insurance. The program can be followed on Facebook and Twitter; past programs are archived, and a list of affilliates and air times can be found at www.townhallohio.org.