News & Events
You might also like
- Growing Our Generation: Farmers market and show pigs
- Discussion Meet applications due Nov. 2
- Oct. 1 deadline for OFB Foundation grants
- Congressman Pat Tiberi, Fiscally Responsible Government
- Jumping through the hoops
On Your Behalf - Oct. 15
Buckeye Farm News
2009/2010 Ohio Farm Bureau Goals
- Market Farm Bureau to achieve membership growth
- Increase grassroots involvement by creating a volunteer-friendly Farm Bureau
- Expand relations with Nationwide and other affinity organizations
- Promote farming and the agbioresource industry
- Influence the adoption of OFBF and AFBF policy
- Speak out and stand up for animal agriculture and the food industry
- Protect personal property rights
- Engage members in the 2009 and 2010 elections
Leadership development is key for Farm Bureau’s success - OFBF met with representatives from Walsh University and Strive leadership program to promote the Leadership Buffet concepts, workshops and to showcase Farm Bureau’s unique approach to developing grassroots leadership. OFBF also provided special training sessions through the Leadership Buffet to county boards on the topic of “Developing SMART Goals” and “Involving New Volunteers.”
Helping teachers understand the agbioresource industry - OFBF gave a presentation at the New Albany Schools in-service day for teachers, sharing a real-world biotechnology experiment for GMO soybeans.
Promoting Issue 2 through the media - OFBF worked on media outreach with OFBF members, the Ohioans for Livestock Care campaign and local, state and national reporters in support of Issue 2.
Answering the call of members - OFBF assisted members on rights and responsibilities related to existing mining operations and environmental issues, dealing with EPA officials concerning an off-site hazardous waste spill, understanding rights related to a rails-to-trails project and responsibilities related to a Farmland Preservation/Agricultural Security Area application.