News & Events
You might also like
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
- Ohio Farm Bureau Member Savings Testimonials
- A look at OFBF’s work on the state’s $71 billion operating budget
- Brochure available about state’s new nutrient application law
Statement from Ohio Agriculture Director Regarding the Passage of Issue 2
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio (Nov. 3, 2009) – Ohio Department of Agriculture Director Robert Boggs today issued a statement regarding the passage of Ohio’s Issue 2 ballot initiative.
“With the passage of Issue 2, Ohioans have proven their support of keeping the state’s number one industry—food and agriculture—vibrant and strong. The Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board will serve Ohio’s citizens in a way that will be transparent and open. Ohioans who desire to have their voices heard will have an opportunity to do so during this public process.
“The diverse group of experts serving on this board, together with Ohio’s citizens, will work to create a fair, uniform set of standards that ensure the safe and humane treatment of the state’s livestock and poultry, therefore sustaining the viability of Ohio’s family farmers and assuring safe, affordable food for all citizens.
“I look forward to serving Ohioans in my new role as chairman of the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board.”