News & Events
You might also like
- What you need to know about Ohio's new nutrient law
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
- How CAUV’s formula is changing
For your InFARMation
Buckeye Farm News
The Ohio Livestock Coalition is sponsoring “For Your InFARMation” a new, free online resource for third-grade students to learn where food comes from and the important role agriculture plays in Ohio’s economy. A downloadable teacher’s guide of lessons matched to Ohio Department of Education standards, ready-to-use student worksheets and an eight-page student guide are included. The materials support the Ohio social studies, language arts, math and science academic content standards for third grade.
There is also a contest for students. Teachers can submit essays written by students for a free, all-expenses-paid field trip to an Ohio livestock farm for the entire third-grade class. Visit www.foryourinfarmation.com.