News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Simpson earns award for tagging gadget
Buckeye Farm News
Floyd Simpson of Belmont County won the “most widely usable” award as part of the AFBF Farmer Idea Exchange contest. Simpson’s Tag-Sav-R is a device to safely unfasten two-piece livestock ear tags, rather than cut them out. Simpson uses it to preserve stamped tags on feeder calves going to market and to correct tagging mistakes. The Farmer Idea Exchange encourages Farm Bureau members to share their innovative ideas and help others find new ways to cut costs, improve efficiency, protect and improve the environment and increase their net farm income.
Ohio Farm Bureau interviewed Simpson about his invention. The video is available at facebook.com/ohiofarmbureau.