News & Events
You might also like
- Senate passes agritourism bill
- Legal with Leah: Ag sales tax exemption
- Vertical Farming on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Growing Our Generation: Telling the story of agriculture
- OFBF pushes for action on proposed CAUV legislation
Simpson earns award for tagging gadget
Buckeye Farm News
Floyd Simpson of Belmont County won the “most widely usable” award as part of the AFBF Farmer Idea Exchange contest. Simpson’s Tag-Sav-R is a device to safely unfasten two-piece livestock ear tags, rather than cut them out. Simpson uses it to preserve stamped tags on feeder calves going to market and to correct tagging mistakes. The Farmer Idea Exchange encourages Farm Bureau members to share their innovative ideas and help others find new ways to cut costs, improve efficiency, protect and improve the environment and increase their net farm income.
Ohio Farm Bureau interviewed Simpson about his invention. The video is available at facebook.com/ohiofarmbureau.