News & Events
You might also like
- The Food Dialogues®: Toledo
- Media campaign highlights farmers’ efforts to improve water quality
- OFBF supports compensation adjustment for judges
- Status of Farm Bureau Priority Issues in Congress
- Opening global markets for Ohio farmers
Simpson earns award for tagging gadget
Buckeye Farm News
Floyd Simpson of Belmont County won the “most widely usable” award as part of the AFBF Farmer Idea Exchange contest. Simpson’s Tag-Sav-R is a device to safely unfasten two-piece livestock ear tags, rather than cut them out. Simpson uses it to preserve stamped tags on feeder calves going to market and to correct tagging mistakes. The Farmer Idea Exchange encourages Farm Bureau members to share their innovative ideas and help others find new ways to cut costs, improve efficiency, protect and improve the environment and increase their net farm income.
Ohio Farm Bureau interviewed Simpson about his invention. The video is available at facebook.com/ohiofarmbureau.