News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Columbus Dispatch opposes HSUS attempt to dictate Livestock Care Board standards
Ohioans voted to put the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board in place, and it should be given the chance to work. That’s according to The Columbus Dispatch, which on Wednesday printed its view of the Humane Society of the United States’ attempt to dictate the standards set by the Board through its own ballot initiative this fall.
The Dispatch believes using the Ohio Constitution to wage animal-rights battles is ill-advised, but said “issues should be hashed out by Ohioans before the board is forced by the actions of an outside interest group, to adopt any particular regulations.”
Ohio Farm Bureau encourages members and Livestock Care Board supporters to write letters to the editor regarding this issue.
Read the entire editorial, “Bad idea, part two: Using Ohio Constitution to wage animal-rights battles is ill-advised”
Get the latest news and updates on the creation of the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board at Ohio Farm Bureau’s Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board News Page.