News & Events
You might also like
- 'Town Hall Ohio' featuring Ohio Chamber of Commerce's CEO Andy Doehrel
- Cultivating a Cure raises more than $90,000
- AgriPOWER Class VII session 2 blogs with Chris Kick, Sara Campbell
- BWC competition showcases solutions that reduce risk of workplace injuries
- Interacting with media, being effective spokespeople - AgriPOWER Class VII blog
The Message Board
Buckeye Farm News
Attention WNCO listeners
Town Hall Ohio, Ohio Farm Bureau’s award-winning public affairs radio show, has been added to the programming lineup of WNCO-AM in Ashland. Town Hall Ohio is heard at 6 a.m. each Saturday. WNCO is located at 1340 on the AM dial. For a complete list of air dates and locations visit www.townhallohio.org or www.facebook.com/townhallohio.
Figured Up: 1 in 8
The number of Americans who relied on hunger relief charities in 2009, according to the non-profit group Feeding America.
“We're not smart enough to decide how big a farm should be, even on the ag committee. And that's really not our job.” ~ House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson in an Associated Press article expressing opposition to an Obama proposal to cut subsidies to larger farms.
“It is apparent that a new strategy for animal disease traceability is needed.” ~ U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack acknowledging negative feedback to the proposed National Animal Identification System.
“We need to be thinking about the long-term demands for food and the environmental and social ramifications of how we will produce it.” ~ David Battisti, a University of Washington atmospheric sciences professor in a Science Daily article.
What do you think is the best way for farmers to personally reach out to consumers?
- Join membership organizations such as Farm Bureau and let them do it for us: 21%
- Write letters to the editor and be more visible in print, TV and radio: 15%
- Host events at our farms that are open to the public: 10%
- Be more involved online and use social media such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs: 26%
- Strike up agricultural conversation at opportune times on a daily basis: 5%