News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
- Do your homework before applying for federal funds for renewable energy
- EPA director discusses clean water, oil and gas exploration
Farm Bureau supports youth cattle program
Buckeye Farm News
The program recognizes and supports Ohio’s junior beef exhibitors through cattle shows, educational sessions, leadership conferences and essay and photography competitions. Those participating in the sanctioned shows earn points for their placings.
“The sponsors’ tremendous support of the BEST program will allow the program to continue to grow and recognize even larger numbers of youth involved in Ohio’s beef industry,” said Mike Carper, OCA president.
Ohio Farm Bureau and Bob Evans also are sponsoring the fifth annual Leading the BEST Conference, which will be held March 5-7 at the Ohio State University Animal Science Department.
This leadership and educational conference was developed to provide an opportunity for Ohio’s youth who are interested in the beef cattle industry to learn more about the industry in a fun and educational setting.
For more information, visit www.ohiocattle.org and click on “Youth Activities.”