News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Statement from the Center for Food and Animal Issues regarding egg farm fire
The following statement was made by the Center for Food and Animal Issues on March 25, 2010:
“We applaud the efforts of public safety personnel, volunteers and those in the agricultural community who rallied in response to the recent devastating fire at Ohio Fresh Eggs in Marseilles.
At the same time, it is disappointing that Ohioans for Humane Farms, a group led by out-of-state animal rights activists, saw the situation as an opportunity to promote its political agenda. In addition to the significant loss of animal life, the fire could have ripple effects in terms of jobs and economic losses to the community.
The fact that Ohioans for Humane Farms would attempt to spin this hardship to win political favor confirms that the group is not interested in solving problems, but rather advancing a narrow ideology.”
The Center for Food and Animal Issues was established by the Ohio Farm Bureau in 2009 to engage the public in dialogue over the role of animals in society.