News & Events
You might also like
- 2015 County Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- Farm Bureau supports new nutrient bill
- Ohio Farm Bureau's State Priority Issues for 2015
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
OFBF members consider policies to deal with budget gap
Buckeye Farm News
This spring, the OFBF Board of Trustees authorized the creation of a State of Ohio Budget Task Force. The purpose is to examine Ohio’s fiscal situation and suggest policy ideas and possible solutions to the OFBF Board and State Policy Development Committee. Ohio is facing at least an $8 billion budget shortfall in the next biennium after the state used federal stimulus money to balance the current budget.
The OFBF task force is made up of Farm Bureau Public Policy Committee members and four county Farm Bureau leaders, one from each region.
The committee is meeting with policymakers and other officials throughout the summer as they consider policy recommendations.