News & Events
You might also like
- What to know about Worker Protection Standard revisions
- Columbia Gas president on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Ohio farm families honored for conservation efforts
- Working for a more fair CAUV formula
- Be wary of recent attempts to create county charters
May We Introduce......
Buckeye Farm News
“My biggest thing with being a Farm Bureau member is having someone speak up for us in Washington, D.C.,” she said. “So many don’t realize what all Farm Bureau does. They hear Farm Bureau and think it’s just farmers and it’s not – it’s so much more because Farm Bureau speaks for a lot of (different groups of) people.”
Wallace has been a Farm Bureau member for about 30 years, and she and her husband, Keith, raise Angus beef cattle and have a small flock of dropper sheep. She worked at a BP service station for years. They have three grown children and four grandsons.
Wallace has also served on Harrison County’s women’s committee and membership. She currently serves on the Harrison County Junior Fair Livestock Sales Committee and the county’s Democratic party.
“We’re trying to feed the world and if we’re not careful we won’t be able to meet those needs,” she said.