News & Events
You might also like
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
- How CAUV’s formula is changing
- Ohio Farm Bureau makes new CAUV formula suggestions to tax department
Ohio County Farm Bureau Round-Up
What’s happening in your county Farm Bureau?
Below are some recent local highlights and upcoming local Farm Bureau events throughout Ohio. Click the links in each highlight to read/learn more.
- Two dairy calves were recently rescued from unfavorable conditions thanks to an alert member who had been through R.E.I.N.S. training in Cuyahoga County.
- The Raymond and Nelda Anderson family farm recently received Ohio Century Farm recognition in Mahoning County.
- Ashland, Medina and Wayne county Farm Bureaus are offering two $500 cash prizes to Farm Bureau members renewing their memberships this winter during a new membership promotion.
Upcoming local events
Nov. 4 – Mercer County FREE Estate Planning meeting – 7 p.m. , at The Wooden Shoe in Minster.
Nov. 8 – Harrison & Jefferson County Farmer/Hunter meeting, 6 p.m. at the Scio Legion Hall. Topics include Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry, Gun and Hunter Safety, Hunting Laws and Regulations, OFBF/ODNR Hunt Ohio Farms Program and How to Properly Field Dress a Deer.
Nov. 9 – Crawford, Morrow, Seneca & Wyandot County Natural Gas Pipeline Meeting. 9 p.m., at the Youth Center on the Seneca County Fairgrounds in Tiffin. Interested residents are invited to attend a special pipeline construction issues briefing. The program will be facilitated by Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) Director for Energy Services, Dale Arnold. During the course of the briefing Arnold will discuss current energy trends, pipeline construction and remediation standards, the work of the Ohio Power Siting Board and how landowners impacted by construction, interested residents and local government should be involved.
Nov. 10 – Darke County Wind Energy Meeting, 7 p.m. at Mississinawa Valley High School, 1469 State Road 47 E. Come hear how alternative/renewable energy projects are shaping the future of the region and how wind energy projects currently in development will impact the local community.
Nov. 10 – Guernsey & Monroe County Marcellus Lateral Pipeline Construction Project Issues Briefing, 7 p.m. at the Mid East Career Center - Buffalo Campus. Dale Arnold, Director for Energy Services will be discussing current energy trends, pipeline construction and how landowners impacted by construction. Representatives of Kinder Morgan Cochin LLC will be sharing information about the Marcellus Pipeline Project.
Nov. 10 – Summit County 5th Annual Equine seminar – Complete details in this flyer
Nov. 11 – Butler County annual Christmas Dinner and auction, at the Zion Lutheran Church, 212 S. Front St., Hamilton.
Nov. 29 – Harrison County Current Agricultural Use Value (CAUV) meeting, 7 p.m. Cadiz EMS Building. There are changes coming and we don't want you to be surprised. OFBF Director of Local Affairs, Larry Gearhardt will be the speaker and the Harrison County Auditor will be in attendance to answer any questions you may have.