News & Events
You might also like
- Media campaign highlights farmers’ efforts to improve water quality
- OFBF supports compensation adjustment for judges
- Status of Farm Bureau Priority Issues in Congress
- Opening global markets for Ohio farmers
- New e-newsletter for young ag professionals
Zehringer appointed next Director of Ohio Dept. of Agriculture
Ohio Farm Bureau has issued the following statement regarding the appointment of Jim Zehringer as the next director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) commends Governor-elect Kasich’s selection of Jim Zehringer to serve as director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
Mr. Zehringer’s experience as a family farmer, businessman and legislator makes him highly qualified to lead a state agency that is responsible for protecting the state’s food supply and regulating Ohio’s largest industry.
Farm Bureau and Mr. Zehringer share similar views on the proper role of government, the importance of agriculture to Ohio and the need for consumers to have confidence in food and food production. We look forward to continuing a positive relationship with him in his new role.