News & Events
You might also like
- Growing Our Generation: Advocate, farmer, mother, business woman
- Ohio Republican Party Chair Matt Borges on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Addressing confusion about food
- Get involved, impact agriculture
- Leading the conversation with local food
Year in Review: Teachable moments
Ohio Farm Bureau always works to ensure agricultural information is in Ohio’s classrooms. In 2010, outreach to Ohio’s teachers continued. Some examples:
- Complimentary materials were provided to teachers who are Farm Bureau members, including DVDs and CDs full of Our Ohio television segments and magazine articles accompanied with a companion set of teaching questions matched to Ohio Academic Content Standards.
- A series of three professional development workshops held at Ohio State’s College of Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences helped an urban school district’s teachers learn how agricultural concepts can be integrated into traditional high school and other classroom subjects.
- OFBF helped sponsor a trip to a local dairy farm for 56 Southern Elementary third graders in Racine. The class had earned the field trip through an essay contest that was part of the Ohio Livestock Coalition’s ForYourInFARMation program.
- Ohio Farm Bureau’s Teachers Lounge e-Letter provides monthly news and resources for teachers, and is also featured in Our Ohio magazine.