Recent droughts have increased public awareness and federal policymakers' focus on flaws in today’s water storage and delivery systems.
Policy & Politics
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service regulations require all animals found to be nonambulatory at ante-mortem inspection (or those nonambulatory after the ante-mortem inspection but before processing) be condemned. There are cases where animals are non-ambulatory not because of illness.
Last fall, a record harvest of high moisture corn increased demand for propane for drying in the Midwest. As a result, propane inventories in the Midwest were at their lowest level heading into winter since 1996.
In general, the U.S. Constitution grants the federal government exclusive authority to regulate trade between states.
Farmers have been responding to climate change since they first put seed in the ground and herded livestock. Whether or not one believes the climate is changing or whether humans are the cause of that change, from a food supply standpoint, agriculture needs to be as resilient as possible.